Dodgers Nation is part of sports publishing network based in Los Angeles. Our team has set the tone for covering teams in the Los Angeles area and would like to continue working with the next generation of sports producers. Our founder has created properties such as Lakers Nation and worked at Disney, SB Nation, FanSided, Time Inc and more, so you will get one of the best overall digital media internships in the industry.
There are few opportunities to write about the LA Sports with such a sizable platform as you’ll find at Dodgers Nation while getting the training to be ready for the next evolution in sports coverage. You will also have the opportunity to write on our sister sites of our network:
- DodgersNation.com | Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball
- FearsomeFootball.com | Los Angeles Rams Football
- LASportsReport.com | LA Sports
- BunkersParadise.com | Professional Golf
- Kicksologists.com | Sneaker Culture
We are currently offering internships for the Fall/Winter in the following departments:
- Media: Video Editing, Production, and Graphics
- Publishing: Research and News Desk
- Marketing: Community Management and Digital Media
We have worked with a number of local colleges such as USC, UCLA, LMU, CSULA and CSULB to offer class credit for being a part of our internship program. Monetary compensation can be discussed after probationary period in order for the staff to properly evaluate the applicant.
Please check with your counselors to see if you qualify.
Our internship program has had a great history of alumni getting jobs at local media companies such as:
- Fox Sports
- Time Warner Cable
- NFL Network
- Bleacher Report
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for motivated individuals with great writing skills that have a knack for social media. Ideal candidates will not only be passionate about LA Sports, but about engaging the digital community on Twitter, Instgram, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, and other emerging social media platforms.
Internship Qualification Standards
- Open to College Students Only: Graduate Students accepted.
- Must be able to receive college credit for this internship to be considered.
- Detail Oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Passion for sports and the sports industry
- Thorough knowledge of Los Angeles Sports
- Social Media experience
- Ability to adapt to the fast-paced work culture of the editorial team
- Ability to follow instructions
- Blogging experience
- Video/Multi-media production experience
- Social Media community management experience
Available internships are below.
Please email the following to contribute [at] DodgersNation.com. with the following:
- Subject line: Department you would like to apply for
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you’re applying and what separates you from other candidates
- Resume – any leadership/organization/group activities and accomplishments apply
- References (if any)
Internship Positions Available
ASSOCIATE EDITOR APPRENTICESHIP | Available for Graduating Seniors and Grad Students Only
- Assist with community management
- Assist with editing of content
- Assist in content planning for monthly editorial calendar
- Assist in planning for monthly marketing calendar
PUBLISHING: NEWS DESK INTERNSHIP
- Research topical content for target audience
- Learn basic digital publishing skills in SEO, UX and social media
VIDEO: ON-AIR & PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP
- Compliment publishing team with quality video content
- Prepare equipment for On-Air recordings
- Learn Final Cut Pro skills for quick turn around
- Learn production cycle for long term content
- Working closely with editorial team to launch social media pushes in a timely fashion
Please email an link to a reel along with resume/cover letter to contribute [at] DodgersNation.com with the following:
- Subject Line: [Position Applying for], First & Last Name
- Cover Letter (can be the email copy or attached document)
- Who you are?
- Why do you want to work here?
- How did you hear about this internship?
- Any skills that might help with this job?
- What team/sport would you like to/can cover?
- Portfolio: Writers can provide writing samples. Video Team applicants must provide reel of on-air or editing experience.
- Resume (attached to email)
- References (attached to email)
Applicants who do not provide information requested above will automatically be disqualified and not be responded to.