Zack Greinke’s free agency is going to be a hot topic throughout the season, but the Dodgers’ chances look favorable right now. Plus, what can the Dodgers to do improve the bullpen? That and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Are the Dodgers the “favorite” to sign Zack Greinke? Some people think so.
- LA Metro is trying to help the Dodgers make it happen.
- Dodgers’ first base coach Davey Lopes has joined Dusty Baker’s staff in Washington.
- The are a lot of narratives floating around surrounding the managerial candidates the Dodgers have interviewed, but you shouldn’t pay attention to them.
- J.P. Howell exercised his $6.25 million player option and will be returning to the Dodgers in 2016. He was one of the few reliable arms in the bullpen, so L.A. should be glad to have him back.
- The Dodgers have raised ticket prices, and $5 season seats are no longer an option. Apparently the prices will increase by 10-25%. Is this a bad thing if it will help the Dodgers re-sign Greinke?
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The Dodgers’ training staff has undergone another change, as Nancy Flynn has resigned. She was with the team for five years.
- Dustin Nosler of DodgersDigest.com writes that the Dodgers could benefit from taking on the Royals’ “contact-oriented” hitting approach.
- Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times believes that Andrew Friedman’s wide net of managerial candidate might be crazy, but is “just fine”.
- Jeremy Dorn of Today’s Knuckleball suggests some relievers that the Dodgers should try to sign this offseason. Tyler Clippard and Tony Sipp are some of the names he throws around.
- David Schoenfield of ESPN listed that top five destinations for Zack Greinke.