After tearing it up in the minor leagues all season long, Jose De Leon finally made his debut as a Los Angeles Dodger today against the San Diego Padres.
JDL had quite the outing as he went 6 innings, giving up 4 runs, 6 hits, and striking out 9. The rookie’s 9 strike outs in his debut are the second most by a Dodger pitcher in his debut. De Leon’s dreams also came true today as not only did he have a great outing, but he had the great Vin Scully call his debut! Congrats JDL!!
Jose De Leon said he was hoping to get promoted by #Dodgers before the end of the year "because I wanted Vin Scully to call my game."
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) September 3, 2016
Read more about De Leon’s outing, Yasiel Puig’s first series back in LA, and Kershaw’s return below!
- Recap: Josh Reddick’s Bat, Rich Hill’s Arm Leads Dodgers to 5-1 Victory Over Padres
- Dodgers Return Looks Promising for Clayton Kershaw Following Successful Rehab Start
- Can Corey Seager steal NL Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player Honors?
- Why Are The Dodgers Treating Yasiel Puig Like an Ex?
- Vin Scully – The Early Years (1949-1969) Part 1
- The Forgotten Fans by Dodger Fan Weekly
- Recap: Jose De Leon’s Major League Debut and Yasiel Puig’s Return!
Local Media and Blogs:
- Clayton Kershaw set to rejoin Dodgers rotation on Friday | LA Times
- Rich Hill’s six scoreless innings help Dodgers beat Padres, 5-1 | LA Times
- Trade Acquisitions Lead Dodgers Past Padres, 5-1, on Saturday Night | So Cal Sports
- MLB Rumor Central: Dodgers expressed interested in bringing back Zack Greinke | ESPN
- WATCH: Yasiel Puig homers for Dodgers for first time since being recalled | CBS Sports
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Smart not trading Puig for Braun | Fox Sports
Dodgers Nation TV:
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/8r5ZlKddoT8″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/_UhPcEttRbo” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>