As part of our new coverage, we’re introducing “Dodgers Credits” — a daily post where we’ll compile all the best Dodger-related reads across the internet for you to read in one shot.
- Contrary to Buster Olney’s take, Pedro Maura says you should expect the Dodgers to get younger next season
- Bill Shaikin says the Dodgers inability to draft and develop quality pitchers will force them to “buy” pitching this offseason
- Don Mattingly believes there’s a “100” percent chance that Zack Greinke opts out of his contract to test the free agent market. The Dodgers’ former manager also thinks that Yasiel Puig’s talent is “off the charts”, but will have to make adjustments to get back to his rookie year self.
- Chase Utley wants to play another season in the MLB, but the Dodgers are extremely likely to decline his $15M team option, so he may have to play his 14th season elsewhere.
- TrueBlueLA wonders if Gabe Kapler has the right skills for a successful transition from the front office to the dugout.
- TrueBlueLA also has player reviews for J.P. Howell, Jimmy Rollins, Zach Greinke, and a few others.
- Is Bud Black a worthy candidate to be the Dodgers’ next manager? Alex Campos of DodgersWay.com says it “wouldn’t be the worst thing to happen.”
- Could Brett Anderson be the first player to accept a qualifying offer? Steve Dilbeck argues that while it would be ideal for the Dodgers, it may be in Anderson’s past health issues to seek a long-term deal.