Fridays in the offseason usually involve planning for the weekend and catching up on the previous week. Today, though, we had plenty of news in Los Angeles Dodgers coverage, where the offseason seems pretty poorly named.
- We asked and you, the fans, said Greinke is a higher priority than anyone the Dodgers hire as their next manager.
- Justin Ruggiano is a free agent.
- The Dodgers and Rick Honeycutt agreed to a two-year deal to keep him in Los Angeles as the pitching coach.
- We took a few notes on how the Dodgers might handle the qualifying offers for each player eligible to receive one.
- Tommy Lasorda was honored with a doctoral, again.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- TrueBlueLA discussed positions that the Dodgers need to address this offseason: second base and the outfield. They also reviewed Pedro Baez’ 2015.
- DodgersDigest gave their thoughts on qualifying offers.
- Dodgers outfielder Chris Heisey becomes a free agent, according to Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times.
- Bleacher Report’s Zachary D. Rymer thinks Gabe Kapler could help Yasiel Puig regain form.