AAi2j4ng

With just Vin Scully on the staff, the Los Angeles Dodgers have one of the best broadcasting crews in all of baseball.

While Scully got all the headlines when he announced he was returning for his 67th season earlier this season, the Dodgers have another Hall of Fame broadcaster that has announced his plans to return. Spanish language broadcaster Jaime Jarrín announced on Monday that he will be be around for at least three more seasons. The 79-year-old is currently in his 57th season with the Dodgers and will be around until at least 60 with the new deal.

Dodgers President and CEO Stan Kasten was excited about the news and talked about the team’s dynamic duo in the booth. “The Dodgers and our fans are so fortunate to have these two broadcasting icons describe our games,” said Kasten. “Jaime is one of the most popular Dodgers among our fan base and they look forward to his description of each and every game.”

Jarrín was happy with the announcement and had the number 60 in mind while figuring it out. “I’ve been so blessed,” Jarrín said.

“It has been such a special time sharing the broadcasts with our fans and having my son, Jorge, join me in the booth. I started thinking about the number 60 in my mind this season. I sat down with the Dodgers and agreed on three more years to get to my 60th year and then we’ll see about the future at that time. I’m still having a great time and I love what I am doing. And the Dodgers and our fans have been very supportive.”

For at least one more season, depending on Scully’s decisions, the Dodgers will have one of the best overall broadcasting groups in baseball.

[divide]

About The Author

Vince is currently the Associate Editor and Social Media Manager for Dodgers Nation. Hailing from San Pedro, CA and a student at Cal State Long Beach, Vince has previously written for the Daily 49er and LASF Magazine.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.