Imagine that your job is to build the best Major League Baseball rotation that you can absolutely build at this current moment. Now imagine that you need an ace of that staff. Who are you going to pick? Well, Fox Sports dot com picked Los Angeles Dodgers left-hander Clayton Kershaw. And you can’t blame them.

The other pitchers listed on the All-MLB pitching staff are Jake Arrieta of the Chicago Cubs, David Price of the Boston Red Sox, Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals, and Zack Greinke of the Arizona Diamondbacks. Kershaw was the top choice in the article, so he’s the ace.


ICYMI: Hideo Nomo Signed 21 Years Ago Today


From Shawn Ramsey at FOX Sports dot com:

In 2015, he became one of the few pitchers to join the 300 strikeouts in a single season club. He’s always had spectacular numbers, year-to-year, with no signs of slowing down; there’s no reason he shouldn’t be the No. 1 man on any MLB roster.

49 percent of the people who have taken the poll on the website agree that Kershaw is indeed the ace of that staff. That’s the top result total. It also makes you wonder what the other 51 percent is doing with their lives to not pick Kershaw as the top guy.

Kershaw has a career 2.43 ERA in 1611 innings while striking out 1746 batters and walking only 466. He’s compiled a 114-56 record during his first eight seasons in the big leagues, and he will definitely reach 200 wins by the time his career is over. We’ll see if he can get to 300.

He’s one of the most dominant pitchers in recent history, so to see him recognized as such and given the proper acknowledgement is a pretty great thing. There’s no pitcher in baseball you’d take over Kershaw, and that’s not hyperbole. That’s a fact. If you need a win, he’s getting the ball.

Dodgers News: Baseball America Raves About Team

 

About The Author

Justin Russo is a 30-year old sports enthusiast who dabbles in all forms of sports talk. Whether that talk revolves around the NBA, NCAA, NFL, NHL, MLB, or other leagues, he has an opinion. He works as a writer for Warriors World, and was formerly a writer and editor for ClipsNation on the SB Nation network. He also is the Editor-in-chief for But The Game Is On: The Beat.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.