The Los Angeles Dodgers are taking on the Oakland Athletics in Spring Training action today, but that doesn’t mean news wasn’t out there! There was talk about who the fifth starter could be and the plan with the spot, if the team should move on from Carl Crawford, and a whole lot more. Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Our own Chris Wolf wrote that the team shouldn’t worry about having a true leadoff hitter.
- The team had a good game today, and the live game thread has all the action covered.
- The fifth starter spot is open, but that doesn’t mean there couldn’t be changes made to it.
- Either Julio Urias or Zach Lee will be starting the game on Friday, but both will pitch.
- ESPN radio wondered today if the team should effectively move on from Carl Crawford.
- Commissioner Rob Manfred talked a little about the team’s ongoing television problems.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Scott Kazmir hopes to fill the void in the rotation. [Los Angeles Times]
- Joc Pederson showed improvements with a home run and single yesterday. [Los Angeles Times]
- Manager Dave Roberts is using guest speakers to help players connect. [Orange County Register]
- Looking at the team’s top ten prospects from the other prospect outlets. [Dodgers Digest]
- Are the Dodgers dodging the leadoff inquisition? [Dodger Insider]
- The Dodgers dedicated a field for Jackie Robinson. [MLB.com]
- Youngster Cody Bellinger is having a fantastic start to spring. [MLB.com]
- Jeremy Dorn wrote about the team’s five hot starts from spring training. [Today’s Knuckleball]
- Brett Anderson talked about his second back surgery now that it’s over. [MLB.com]
- ESPN’s Scott Van Pelt has a new favorite MLB player, and it’s Jack Murphy. [ESPN]
- Once on the verge of extinction, Dodgertown makes a comeback. [Yahoo! Sports]