Free agency rumors are starting to heat up, plus Zack Greinke won another award, likely has another coming his way, and understandably is the Dodgers’ top priority. That and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Zack Greinke won a Gold Glove for the second straight year, plus he and Clayton Kershaw were named as finalists for the NL Cy Young Award. Not bad.
- For the same reasons, re-signing Greinke is the Dodgers’ number one priority.
- Justin Turner’s surgery was more invasive than previously thought, but he should be good to go at the start of Spring Training.
- And speaking of Spring Training, the Dodgers released their tentative Cactus League schedule. It looks as if they’ll start playing on March 3rd.
- The Dodgers are interested in signing Daniel Murphy to play second, as well as re-signing Chase Utley. It sounds like they want a left-handed bat at that position, but re-signing Howie Kendrick isn’t out of the picture either.
- Dodgers hitting coach Mark McGwire could be joining the Arizona Diamondbacks’ coaching staff.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The Dodgers hired Joe Davis to call 50 road games for SportsNetLA.
- Davis is only 27 years old, but Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times wonders if he could wind up being Vin Scully’s successor.
- TrueBlueLA reviewed Luis Avilan’s 2015 season.
- DodgersDigest.com looks at Dave Roberts’ managerial candidacy, plus ranks the candidates from 1-9.
- Former Dodger Dee Gordon won a Gold Glove.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu has started throwing from 90 feet, and there’s optimism he could be ready for Spring Training.