Yesterday was all about the Dodgers’ new manager, Dave Roberts, and not much has changed since. Though we did get another report of the team being interested in one of the top free agents, while the odds of signing another premier free agent may have gotten worse.
- Dodgers fans have a right to be optimistic about the Dave Roberts hire, despite what critics are saying.
- Our J.D. Miller explores the most viable options the team has to shore up its pitching staff.
- The Dodgers were once again linked to Jason Heyward.
- More information about the matchup between UCLA and USC at Dodger Stadium has been released.
- ESPN named Clayton Kershaw as the MLB’s Best Pitcher.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Now that Dave Roberts is on board, the team’s coaching staff will likely look very different this season. [LA Times]
- Roberts seems to have the support of many prominent Dodger players, including Adrian Gonzalez. [LA Times]
- Roberts also makes the team’s future seem a bit brighter. [LA Times]
- Mike Petriello wonders what Dodgers do next now that they have their manager. [Dodgers Digest]
- Jesse Spector says the Dodgers’ spending spree on international players is no a good reason for the MLB to establish an international draft. [Bleacher Report]
- He was referring to two Cuban prospects the team signed — Yusniel Diaz and Omar Estevez. [MLB.com]
- A report suggests that David Price would prefer to re-sign with the Toronto Blue Jays. If true, that’s obviously not good news for the Dodgers. [GlobalNews.ca]