It appeared as if the Dodgers’ were going to create one of the best bullpen duos in Aroldis Chapman and Kenley Jansen, but that seems unlikely now. Even so, the team is still working to improve the bullpen. That and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- One of our writers believes that trading for Aroldis Chapman could backfire and is not worth the risk, while another believes the Dodgers should go after him anyway. Whose side are you on?
- Regardless of where the team actually stands on Chapman, it’s trying to improve the bullpen nonetheless. Andrew Miller is one option.
- Yasiel Puig and Clayton Kershaw are in Cuba to promote the MLB.
- The team officially announced the re-signing of Chase Utley, and Hisashi Iwakuma’s signing will be official soon.
- Don Mattingly gives the Marlins an advantage when it comes to negotiating a Jose Fernandez trade.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Even though the NL West has completely changed with the Diamondbacks’ acquisitions, it’s still up for grabs. [Dodgers Digest]
- The Dodgers’ coaching staff — both in the majors and minors — is taking shape. [True Blue LA]
- The netting at Dodger Stadium will be extended from behind home plate to the edge of the dugout. [LA Times]
- Iwakuma isn’t Zack Greinke, but he’s a solid, modestly priced addition to the rotation. [LA Times]