The Dodgers have agreed to a deal with one free agent, but the team still has work to do to replace Zack Greinke. Here are today’s headlines:
- The team has agreed to re-sign Chase Utley to a one-year deal.
- With Greinke gone, the Dodgers will look to sign or trade for a replacement. There are a decent number of options out there.
- Our Jeremy Evans looks at the myths and expectations that surround Andrew Friedman.
- Here are five immediate reactions to Greinke’s decision to sign elsewhere.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The team being outbid for Greinke is “disappointing for Dodgers” and “devastating for fans. [LA Times]
- Greinke’s departure also “intensifies pressure on the Dodgers’ front office.” [LA Times]
- Luis Avilan has the best exit velocity in the league. That may be important. [Dodgers Digest]
- The team is interested in signing SP Hisashi Iwakuma [True Blue LA]