Today’s preseason game doesn’t begin until later tonight, but the news came in hot and heavy today. One piece of news was particularly devastating, but the rest weren’t too bad. We have you covered with all of the news and rumors from today thanks to the Dodgers Credits!
- Outfielder Andre Ethier has been ruled out for 10-14 weeks due to a fractured tibia.
- Clayton Kershaw was in a minor car accident, so he promptly took a selfie.
- Kenta Maeda has impressed Los Angeles early on with his pitchability.
- Speaking of Maeda, he received some advice from fellow countryman Hisahi Iwakuma.
- Outfielder Joc Pederson draws a ton of inspiration from his oldest brother, Champ.
- Our own Elisa Hernandez has the latest video update ready for everyone to watch!
- Yesterday, the team reassigned four players. One of them was first baseman Cody Bellinger.
- Our own Chris Wolf talks about how Scott Van Slyke’s place on the depth chart is clear.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Want to watch the Dodgers over the next week? Well, here’s how. [True Blue LA]
- The top prospects in the organization have now been ranked by trade value. [True Blue LA]
- The team’s focus on the future could be wasting Clayton Kershaw’s best years. [Los Angeles Times]
- Hyun-jin Ryu’s recovery is far too important to rush, so patience is key. [Dodgers Digest]
- Yasmani Grandal is the latest player to join the growing injury list. [ESPN]
- Yasiel Puig is one of the fastest risers in fantasy baseball drafts. [FOX Sports]
- The injuries could lead to some surprising names on the opening day roster. [Today’s Knuckleball]
- Admiration for Jackie Robinson lingers for fans in Cuba. [New York Times]