It was learned today that Los Angeles right-handed reliever Josh Ravin broke his left forearm in a car accident on Monday, Adrian Gonzalez will be missing the team’s Spring Training opener on Thursday, and a whole lot more. Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Right-handed reliever Josh Ravin broke his left forearm on Monday in a car accident.
- Cuban right-hander Yaisel Sierra finally took the field today, his first time as a member of the team.
- First baseman Adrian Gonzalez will miss Thursday’s Spring Training opener, but he’ll play Friday.
- AM 570 LA Sports will be broadcasting a lot of the team’s Spring Training games, and it starts Thursday.
- Our own JD Miller wrote about Why The Dodgers Should Not Trade Andre Ethier.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Los Angeles plans on using Yaisel Sierra as a relief pitcher, at least for now. [Los Angeles Times]
- The Dodgers have their hands all over the wine business, believe it or not. [Los Angeles Times]
- Dave Roberts said he expects Yasmani Grandal to catch Clayton Kershaw more this year. [J.P. Hoornstra]
- Kenta Maeda has been impressive early, but he’s not Zack Greinke. [Dodgers Digest]
- Get to know the team’s third best prospect, Grant Holmes. [True Blue LA]
- Yaisel Sierra is “very happy” to be in camp, and says it’s a “beautiful feeling.” [ESPN]
- Brett Anderson says that depth is one way the team can replace Zack Greinke. [MLB.com]
- Shortstop Corey Seager is looking to build upon his solid debut last season. [FOX Sports]
- Joc Pederson has turned the page on his rough end to 2015. [ESPN]
- Speaking of Pederson, don’t give up on him. You should really like him. [ESPN]