As November comes to an end, we look back at the top storylines that surrounded the Dodgers in the past month.
- The team brought in Dave Roberts to be its next manager, and fans are right to be optimistic about the hire.
- J.D. Miller speculated about what type of moves the team will make in the offseason.
- You can look at our Rumors page to see all the names that the team has been linked to so far. It’s quite a long list.
- Jeremy Evans wonders if re-signing 32-year-old Zack Greinke to such a large contract is the right move.
- William Oberst believes that Greinke’s pitching style and mechanics make it a worthwhile investment that doesn’t present that much risk.
- Joc Pederson struggled at the end of 2015, but will he bounce back in 2016? And how?
- We looked back at Vin Scully’s magnificent broadcasting career. Unfortunately 2016 will likely be his last season in the booth.
- William Oberst wrote why despite Yasiel Puig’s struggles on and off the field, the team should hold off on trading him.
- He also wrote why the team’s pitching rotation — other than Clayton Kershaw — is the team’s “biggest question.”
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The team’s bullpen wasn’t the greatest last season, but it’s also not as bad as people think. [Dodgers Digest]
- Mike Petriello believes the team will find a starting pitcher “where you least expect it.” [Dodgers Digest]
- Brett Anderson “bet on himself” when he accepted his one-year qualifying offer. [True Blue LA]
- The organization had ten players participate in the Arizona Fall League. One of them smashed four homers and hit .377. [True Blue LA]
- Andrew Friedman says the team has “three wild cards” that will determine what type of club the Dodgers are. [LA Times]
- Aside from Roberts, expect the Dodgers’ coaching staff to look a lot different this year. [LA Times]
- Buster Olney thinks David Price will sign with either the Cubs or the Dodgers, and also predicts Zack Greinke will sign with the Dodgers or Giants. [ESPN]
- Joshua Sadlock says Greinke “won’t be going anywhere.” [Baseball Essential]
- Before the team hired him, Ken Rosenthal wrote about the history the Dodgers could make by hiring Dave Roberts. [Fox Sports]
- The hire makes it clear that Andrew Friedman is running the show now. [Today’s Knuckleball]