The Dodgers could be hiring a new manager by the end of the week, and we know that there are three candidates — Dave Roberts, Gabe Kapler, and Bud Black. A few prominent Dodgers writers gave their opinions of which guy would be the best for the job, and… could the team trade for Jose Fernandez?
- William Oberst writes why even though Zack Greinke’s pitching mechanics don’t lend themselves to injury problems, the Dodgers should still be cautious about the length of the contract that they offer him.
- Joc Pederson finished sixth in the voting for the NL Rookie of Year. He did receive a third place vote, though.
- Why did Brett Anderson accept a one-year qualifying offer instead of pursuing a long-term deal? He “bet on himself.“
- UCLA and USC baseball will be squaring off at Dodger Stadium in the Dodger Stadium College Baseball Classic. Mississippi State and Oklahoma will be there too.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Clayton Kershaw made a donation to help fund an MLB urban youth academy. [LA Times]
- Former Dodgers scouting consultant George Genovese died at the age of 93. Some referred to him as the “Greatest Scout of All Time”. [LA Times]
- Bill Plaschke says the team should hire Dave Roberts over Gabe Kapler and Bud Black. [LA Times]
- Mike Petriello explains why Bud Black is his preferred managerial candidate. [DodgersDigest.com]
- Eric Stephen reviewed Corey Seager’s phenomenal 2015 season. [TrueBlueLA]