All things considered, it was a busy week in Dodger Land. The team continues to move closer to hiring a manager, and the free agency and trade rumors have been flying early and often. Here are the top stories of the week:
- Brett Anderson will be returning to the Dodgers after accepting his $15.6 million qualifying offer.
- The team cut its managerial candidate list, and the four candidates are Dave Roberts, Gabe Kapler, Darrin Erstad, and Bud Black. Then Darrin Erstad withdrew himself from consideration, so it’s down to three.
- Joc Pederson talked about what went wrong in his 2015 season.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The Dodgers could try to re-sign Zack Greinke and trade for Giancarlo Stanton. [LA Times]
- The team is also interested in signing free agent reliever Darren O’Day. [TrueBlueLA]
- Steve Dilbeck wonders if the newly-hired Joe Davis could be Vin Scully’s successor. [LA Times]
- Zachary D. Rymer says the Dodgers should try to sign both David Price and Zack Greinke to pair with Clayton Kershaw. [Bleacher Report]
- Speaking of which. Buster Olney thinks David Price will sign with the Cubs or the Dodgers. According to Olney, Greinke will either be re-signed by the Dodgers or sign with the division rival San Francisco Giants.[ESPN]