The Los Angeles Dodgers opened up play with a resounding 15-0 win over the San Diego Padres yesterday, so you can understand why Yahoo! Sports rated them as a “winner” from opening day. Other news to come out was just how Dave Roberts celebrated his first managerial win, Yasiel Puig’s opening day exploits, and much, much more. Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Elisa Hernandez has a video update about opening day, Vin Scully, and more!
- Adrian Gonzalez wholeheartedly believes in the direction the team is going in.
- Our own Chris Wolf writes that Los Angeles taught a few lessons on opening day.
- Dave Roberts celebrated his first managerial win like any person would — with wine.
- Chase Utley shined in the leadoff role that he was given yesterday, and it was quite fun.
- As you would expect, Yahoo! Sports rated the team as a “winner” after their performance.
- Scott Kazmir takes the mound tonight, and he’s here to prove that he belongs on the team.
- Outfielder Yasiel Puig had a superb day yesterday, and it could be a sign of things to come.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Dave Roberts is staying focused on the task at hand right now. [True Blue LA]
- Former Dodger Mike Sandlock has passed away at 100 years old. [Dodger Insider]
- Unfortunately, most fans missed out on opening day because of the TV non-deal. [Los Angeles Times]
- Don Drysdale’s widow is going to auction off some of his memorabilia. [Los Angeles Daily News]
- Filmmaker Ken Burns is back with a detailed video on Jackie Robinson. [ESPN]
- Clayton Kershaw is henceforth known as the “King of Opening Day.” [ESPN]
- Did Chase Utley start the season with another dirty slide? (No.) [FOX Sports]
- Joc Pederson showed off his hitting and whiffing ability in the opener. [CBS Sports]