The winter meetings are in full swing, and so are the rumors. We have plenty of them for you in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- The Dodgers had reportedly acquired Aroldis Chapman from the Reds, but the latest report says the deal is not quite done just yet. There’s still a chance that another team swoops in and steals the flame-throwing lefty.
- Howie Kendrick is unlikely to return to Los Angeles since the team is unwilling to give the 32-year-old a long-term contract.
- The Dodgers inquired about SP Jose Fernandez, but the Marlins’ asking price was way too high.
- The team met with Ben Zobrist, but it seems the Mets and Nationals are the most likely option for him.
- Our William Oberst looks at what Bob Geren and Turner Ward will bring to the Dodgers’ coaching staff.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Former player Chris Woodward will also join the team’s coaching staff. [True Blue LA]
- Dodgers prospect Jacob Scavuzzo was named to the Arizona Fall League top prospect team. [True Blue LA]
- Here’s the “only way the Zack Greinke news turns out okay for the Dodgers”. [LA Times]
- If the Chapman trade does go through, it will “eliminate the Dodgers’ urgency for a second elite ace.” [Bleacher Report]
- The Dodgers claimed Danny Reynolds off waivers from the Angels. He had a 4.57 ERA in Double-A last season. [CBS Sports]
- One writer thinks trading for Rays reliever Jake McGee could be the team’s “most likely splash” at the winter meetings. [Bleacher Report]