This is something that everyone has been awaiting for..Vin Scully back at Dodgers Stadium. Yes, you read that right! The Los Angeles Dodgers legendary broadcaster will make his last appearance (hopefully not) at Dodgers Stadium during Game 5 of the NLCS.
Vin’s appearance couldn’t have come at a better time with the Dodgers getting hammered in Game 4 and having the Cubs tie up the series at 2 apiece. Kenta Maeda has had his struggles in the playoffs face, faces the Cubs’ ace, Jon Lester, in what is going to be the most crucial game of the series before heading back to Chicago for Games 6 and 7.
Legendary Vin Scully, voice of the #Dodgers, plans to attend Game 5 of the NLCS for his first visit to Dodger Stadium since his retirement.
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 20, 2016
Game 5 of the NLCS will start at 5:08pm.
Close your eyes and just imagine Vin Scully calling out his favorite phrases before, during, and after the game.
- “It’s time for Dodgers baseball!”
- “Hello everybody and a very pleasant Thursday evening to you.”
- “The roar of the crowd has always been the sweetest music. It’s intoxicating.”
- “You can almost taste the pressure now.”
- “In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened.”