When Cody Bellinger hits a home run – few things bring me more joy. Perhaps the only part than seeing Cody Love put one in the seats is writing about it afterwards to savor it just a little more. Therefore, the decision was made last year to start paying tribute to each one in our ‘Chronicling Cody Bellinger Bombs’ columns.
Equally important – the column will be back this year. Every time Bellinger provides a fan with a pearly white souvenir, you will get a post talking about who he posterized and how it affected the game.
Now, let’s take a look back at all the ones that came before. With 64 career home runs to his credit entering his age-23 season, time is on our side to write a lot more of these before the dust settles. As the Rolling Stones say, time is on our side; yes it is.
Cody Bellinger’s Home Runs We’ve Transcribed
Here they are, in all their glory.
- The First one of 2018
- Carlos Torres serves up career no. 42
- Moonshot lift-off in Arizona
- Poor (former Dodger) Homer Bailey
- Brad Ziegler gets tagged in South Beach
- High Socks Bomb in the Nation’s Capital
- Memorial Day Gear Bomb to Dead Center
- Bellinger begins a binge in Pittsburgh off Tyler Glasnow
- Steel City Bomb off Trevor Williams (career no. 49)
- Bellinger loves Glasnow (number 50)
- Chavez bomb off lefty Jessie Biddle
- Big Apple Grand Slam
- Multi Homer Game at Citi Field in New York
- Going backside beauty at Chavez Ravine
- Fourth of July Gear homer
- Grand slam off the foul pole in Los Angeles (I was there!)
- Coors Moonshot ‘Oh no!’
- Moonshot in Seattle off Colome
- Lone Star State off Mike Minor for no. 60
- Bellinger loves Zach Wheeler
- The Cherry on the Sundae in St. Louis
- Matt Koch, in Arizona; again
- Game 163: The Grandaddy of them All
- NLCS Game Seven Bomb for the MVP
Hopefully, this brings back a few good memories for you. We will continue to add to these as they pile up.
So, how many career home runs will Bellinger end up with in a Dodgers uniform? He has 100 within reach in the 2019 season. Nevertheless, the guy’s big swings put fannies in the seats; and he’s got an action figure to boot!
Here’s to at least 40 more of these columns in the year to come. For as long as I am writing here at Dodgers Nation, I’m your Bellinger Bombs guy.
[button link=”http://dodgersnation.com/the-new-dodgers-food-menu-items-for-2019/2019/03/22/” type=”big”] The New Dodgers Menu Food Items for 2019[/button]