Sunday may have been a slow day surrounding the Dodgers, but Monday sure wasn’t. There’s a lot of optimism regarding the Dodgers’ chances to re-sign Zack Greinke. If that optimism proves to be wrong, they may be able to sign another high-profile starting pitcher instead. That and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Though an agreement for the return of Rick Honeycutt was reported, Andrew Friedman says that no coaching deals are done.
- Friedman also thinks Yasiel Puig may need to slim down before the start of the season.
- The Dodgers will have a luxury tax bill of about $33 million, and it brings their total payroll for 2015 close to $300 million. That’s a lot of money, and it could effect how much the team is willing to spend in free agency.
- Howard Cole of Forbes Magazine predicted that Zack Greinke will re-sign with the Dodgers.
- There are a lot of former Dodgers on this year’s Baseball Hall of Fame ballot.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- TrueBlueLA reviews Alex Wood’s brief time with the Dodgers. Will he be a stable rotation piece in 2016?
- The Dodgers’ main focus this offseason will be improving the team’s pitching, per Friedman.
- Dustin Nosler of DodgersDigest.com looks at some possible free agent destinations for Brett Anderson. He sees San Diego as the “best fit”.
- Jeremy Dorn of Today’s Knuckleball wonders if the Dodgers should trade Puig.
- Buster Olney thinks David Price will either sign with the Cubs or Dodgers. He then says he thinks Greinke will end up with the Dodgers or….. Giants.
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-credits-managerial-favorites-arizona-fall-league/2015/11/08/”]Gabe Kapler and Dave Roberts emerge as favorites for manager position[/button]