The team has interviewed another candidate for the managerial position, plus we have some free agency updates.
- The Dodgers extended qualifying offers to Zack Greinke, Howie Kendrick, and Brett Anderson. However, all three of them are likely to test the market instead. Jimmy Rollins did not receive a qualifying offer, and he’s immediately a free agent.
- Other the other hand, the team declined team options for Chase Utley, Joel Peralta, and Bronson Arroyo.
- The team also interviewed Dave Martinez for the managerial job. He does have a connection with Joe Maddon, who of course, Andrew Freidman loves.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Mike Petriello of DodgersDigest.com says the decision to extend a qualifying offer to as many guys as the Dodgers did is a wise one.
- Do you think you know where the Dodgers’ free agents are going to sign? Well, TrueBlueLA.com is having a contest for that. So make your best guess and you may win a bobblehead!
- Even though Kirk Gibson has Parkinson’s disease, experts believe it wouldn’t hinder him from managing the Dodgers.
- Keith Law of ESPN.com ranks the Top 50 free agents, and four of them are Dodgers (Insider required).
- Adrian Gonzalez hosted a charity celebrity softball game Saturday afternoon at Dodgers Stadium to benefit the PADRES Contra El Cancer foundation.
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/espn-dodgers-favorites-keep-greinke/2015/11/05/”]Are the Dodgers the favorites to sign Greinke?[/button]