It’s been a fairly busy day in Dodger Land as a major announcement was made, a former manage found a home, a potential candidate landed elsewhere and a couple Dodgers were named finalists for an award. Let’s see what everyone had to say about it.
- Is Bud Black the one that got away? The former San Diego Padres manager has reportedly been hired by the Washington Nationals.
- SportsNet LA will be airing an interview tonight with Vin Scully. He sounds pretty stoked to be coming back next season.
- Zack Greinke and Adrian Gonzalez both were named finalists today for the Gold Glove award.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- TrueBlueLA reviewed 2015 review: Alberto Callaspo and recalled a Dodgers World Series victory from 34 years ago.
- DodgersDigest discussed Don Mattingly getting the job many have foretold for quite some time. He is now the manager of the Miami Marlins.
- Kevin Modesti of the Los Angeles Daily News wondered what the effect would be if we picked presidents the same way we chose baseball managers. This was a great read.
- ESPN’s Mark Saxon continued his candidate profiles with Bob Geren today to follow Gabe Kapler‘s yesterday, after having already written one on Ron Roenicke and Tim Wallach.
- ESPN also looked back on Manny Ramirez, whom they consider the 12th-contract in sports history. Ouch.