Obviously the Los Angeles Dodgers haven’t been the most active team in baseball this off-season. Still, Dodgers fans overwhelmingly see the team as one that will win at a clip of regularity in the upcoming 2020 season. Remember, when setting the 2020 win totals; oddsmakers have the Dodgers at 98.5 on their over/under total.
Moreover – in a poll that almost two thousand fans voted in – 58 percent see the Dodgers as a 90-plus win team. By comparison, 22 percent see the Dodgers winning 100 or more games in the upcoming season. Just 14 percent see the Dodgers falling in the 80 to 89 win range.
You can see the full poll results below.
How many regular season wins do you expect the Dodgers to have in 2020? #DNPoll
— Dodgers Nation (@DodgersNation) January 2, 2020
Therefore, if you’re like me and you feel like the Dodgers could have done a lot more this past off-season; what are the reasons for optimism?
- Offensive depth and versatility. In 2019, the Dodgers had one of the deepest benches of all-time by the numbers. A large majority of those members will be returning in 2020.
- They have the NL MVP on the roster in Cody Bellinger, and he is just in his age-24 season.
- The Dodgers have a possible Cy Young contender in Walker Buehler entering his third season.
- Los Angeles boasts arguably the best roster within their own division, which they have won every year since 2013.
- The Dodgers are hopeful for a full return to form and health from the likes of Corey Seager and Alex Verdugo, each of whom could be 5-WAR players over a full season.
Plus, you can probably think of more reasons for optimism. In all likelihood, the Dodgers are going to be right in the thick of things again in 2020.
Finally, how do you see the Dodgers handling business in 2020? If you were asked to predict their record for the upcoming season today, where do you have them finishing? Of course I am asking you right now, so let us know in the comments below!