The Dodgers lost another member of the front office as Ehsan Bokhari has accepted a position with the Houston Astros. Bokhari has been a senior analyst in baseball operations R&D with the Dodgers since May of 2015. He now will join Houston as their Director of research and development, replacing Mike Fast.
Ehsan Bokhari has joined the Astros as Director, R&D, where he will lead the organization's R&D department. Bokhari joins the Astros from the Los Angeles Dodgers, where he has spent the last four seasons as a senior analyst in the club's Research and Development department.
— Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) November 9, 2018
With Bokhari leaving, that’s now an outstanding SIX members of the Dodgers’ organization departing this young off season, by my count.
The names including:
- Again, Bokhari to the Astros
- Of course Farhan Zaidi to the San Francisco Giants as the new President of Baseball Operations
- Former third base coach Chris Woodward, who hired as the new manager of the Texas Rangers
- Hitting coach Turner Ward to the Cincinnati Reds as their new hitting coach
- Danny Lehmann, Game-Planning/Communications Coach in 2018, and advance video scout from 2015-17
Gameplanning/communications coach Danny Lehmann will not be returning to #Dodgers coaching staff in 2019
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) November 8, 2018
- And minor league hitting coordinator Paco Figueroa leaving to the Philadelphia Phillies
#Phillies have hired Paco Figueroa as major league outfield/baserunning coach.
Most recently, Paco served as the minor league hitting coordinator for the Dodgers.
Welcome to Philly, Paco! pic.twitter.com/Xoo3lwWHbR
— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) November 6, 2018
We are still awaiting word on Dave Roberts’ bench coach Bob Geren’s status for 2019 and beyond. His name was missing from a list of field staff and coaches returning for 2019.
[button color=”red” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/the-dodgers-plan-on-staying-under-the-luxury-tax-bs0193/2018/11/09/”]Dodgers Luxury Tax Plans for 2019 and Beyond[/button]