Unless you’re living under a rock, or have been without internet over the last week, you probably know a bit about the sign-stealing scandal that has rocked MLB and the Houston Astros. After The Athletic broke the news that the Astros had been cheating by use of technology since at least the 2017 season, amateur detectives have gone to work investigating the allegations.
What we were told: Astros set up a monitor between dugout and clubhouse to watch a camera feed & relay signs
What we know: they had a monitor in that spot, that they broke down and took away as soon as games ended. A banging sound paterns perfectly with off-speed pitches. pic.twitter.com/ssXd85ezQ4
— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) November 17, 2019
With that, internet personality Jimmy “Jomboy” O’Brien has been compiling notes, thoughts, and videos and sharing them all over the web. Most recently, he posted an 11+ minute recount on his YouTube channel of the latest and greatest in the case against the Astros.
The video was primarily in response to the latest news from Ken Rosenthal and Evan Drellich at The Athletic which introduced e-mails from Houston brass from 2017 which asked that scouts report back on ways the club could “pick up signs from the dugout”
More Astros Scandal
- Yu Darvish Responds to Astros Cheating Allegations on Social Media
- Darvish Opens Up About Astros’ Sign Stealing, Game 7
- 2017 Dodgers Woes Return Amidst Astros Cheating Allegations
Plus more from our friends at GetMoreSports.com
- More Videos of Houston Cheating Surfaces
- Red Sox Manager Cora Likely Played Key Role in Astros Scandal
- Major Punishments From MLB Possible for Houston Astros Sign Stealing
- Visual Evidence Adds to Proof of Astros Sign Stealing