It may be just another Thursday in January, but we have plenty of content for you to read today. Here are today’s headlines:
- The Dodgers have agreed to contracts and avoided arbitration with Chris Hatcher and Scott Van Slyke.
- They also signed Jordan Schafer to a minor league contract, and he will apparently try to play outfield AND pitch.
- Howie Kendrick would like to return to Los Angeles, but it’s unlikely to happen.
- Make sure to listen/watch the debut of our new podcast: “Deuces Wild”, featuring Dodgers Nation editor-in-chief Anthony Irwin and host Jay Barquero.
- We conducted a poll, and it turns out that fans remain split on their trust with the front office.
- A.J. Ellis congratulated former teammate Dee Gordon for his new contract extension.
- Former Dodger Maury Wills will be given a lifetime achievement award.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Despite the additions the Dodgers have made recently, they still have bullpen issues that need to be addressed, writes Steve Dilbeck. [LA Times]
- The Dodgers officially announced their minor league coaching staffs for 2016. [True Blue LA]
- A Cardinals blog suggests that Cardinals need to emulate what the Dodgers are doing in their front office. That’s high praise. [Viva El Birdos]
- FanGraphs projected that the worst six teams in the league are in the National League, and Jayson Stark wonders in the NL has a “rebuilding problem?” [ESPN]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-puig-urias-watch-lakers-defeat-pelicans/2016/01/13/”]Puig, Urias watch Lakers beat Pelicans at Staples Center[/button]