The Dodgers have agreed to a deal with one free agent, but the team still has work to do to replace Zack Greinke. Here are today’s headlines:
- The team has agreed to re-sign Chase Utley to a one-year deal.
- With Greinke gone, the Dodgers will look to sign or trade for a replacement. There are a decent number of options out there.
- Our Jeremy Evans looks at the myths and expectations that surround Andrew Friedman.
- Here are five immediate reactions to Greinke’s decision to sign elsewhere.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The team being outbid for Greinke is “disappointing for Dodgers” and “devastating for fans. [LA Times]
- Greinke’s departure also “intensifies pressure on the Dodgers’ front office.” [LA Times]
- Luis Avilan has the best exit velocity in the league. That may be important. [Dodgers Digest]
- The team is interested in signing SP Hisashi Iwakuma [True Blue LA]
- Ryan Madsen, a potential bullpen option for the Dodgers, has signed with Oakland. [ESPN]
- Another bullpen option, Darren O’Day, has reportedly agreed to re-sign with the Baltimore Orioles. [Washington Post]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-andrew-friedman-speaks-about-greinke-departure/2015/12/04/”]Andrew Friedman Speaks About Greinke’s Departure[/button]