It was the busiest week of the offseason in Major League Baseball, and here were the top headlines surrounding the Dodgers:
- The team had agreed to trade for Aroldis Chapman, but details about a possible domestic violence incident halted the trade, and it was reported that the team would be moving on, but then Dave Roberts said the book isn’t quite closed just yet.
- Johnny Cueto’s agent gave us an update on the pitcher’s free agency, and it sounds like the Dodgers are one of his preferred destinations.
- Don’t expect the team to trade for Jose Fernandez. The Marlins’ asking price was insane.
- Trade interest in the Dodgers’ outfielders is increasing, and the team is willing to eat a big contract or two to get a deal done.
- An ex-Dodger call Yasiel Puig the “worst person” in baseball.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Andrew Friedman knows the Diamondbacks are coming after the Dodgers. [LA Times]
- Houston Mitchell explained why the winter meetings were disaster for L.A. [LA Times]
- Mike Petriello wrote that even though the Diamondbacks appear to be much improved, the season doesn’t start in September. [Dodgers Digest]
- Hisashi Iwakuma is a modestly-priced addition to the Dodgers’ rotation. [LA Times]
- The Dodgers’ coaching staff — among all levels — is quickly taking shape. [True Blue LA]
- A trade for Aroldis Chapman is a “non-starter”, writes Howard Cole. [Forbes]
- Zack Greinke nearly signed elsewhere (with the Dodgers perhaps?) before the Diamondbacks swooped in at the last second. [ESPN]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-dave-roberts-comes-clean-on-puig/2015/12/12/”]Dave Roberts Talks About Relationship With Puig[/button]