The newswire was chaotic during the winter meetings, but since they finished on Thursday, it’s been quite the opposite. Though the Dodgers do seem to be in good standing with one of the top free agents still on the market. There’s that and more in today’s credits.
- Johnny Cueto’s agent gave us an update on the pitcher’s free agency, and it certainly sounds like the Dodgers are one of his preferred options.
- Free-agent outfielders have proven to be expensive this offseason, and it has led to increased trade interest for the Dodgers’ outfield surplus.
- Zack Greinke talked about his decision to sign with the Diamondbacks. It wasn’t all about the money.
- The Dodgers haven’t done that much in free agency this offseason, but just wait until 2018. Things could get crazy.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Readers of the ‘Times give their opinions on whether or not the Dodgers’ title chances have gone out the window after Greinke’s departure. [LA Times]
- Houston Mitchell outlines why the winter meetings were a “complete disaster” for the team. [LA Times]
- Dustin Nosler reviewed the production the Dodgers’ got from the second base position, which was “pretty good, but could have been better.” [Dodgers Digest]
- Read why Mike Ozanian called the Dodgers “baseball’s biggest mystery.” [Forbes]
- One writer suggests that Clayton Kershaw might be hit the hardest by Greinke’s departure. “Now, it’s Kershaw and who else for the Dodgers?” [Tri-County Sun Times]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-puig-called-worst-person-in-baseball-anonymously-per-bleacher-report/2015/12/10/”]Puig Called ‘Worst Person’ in Baseball Anonymously[/button]