For a Thursday in November, there were quite a bit of free agency rumors that surfaced today. And apparently the Dodgers are in trade talks with an American League team.
- The Dodgers are one of many teams that have expressed interested in signing free agent starter John Lackey. The 36-year-old had a 2.77 ERA in 218 innings with the Cardinals in 2015.
- Yasmani Grandal said he’s “ahead of schedule” in his recovery from shoulder surgery.
- The Dodgers and Indians are reportedly in trade talks that would send one of the Dodgers’ outfielders to Cleveland for a starting pitcher.
- One national baseball reporter thinks Zack Greinke’s likely destination is San Francisco, and believes Washington is the “runner-up”.
- As you know, Jake Arrieta won the NL Cy Young Award over Greinke and Clayton Kershaw. It was kind of surprising.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Speaking of starting pitching, Mike Petriello thinks the Dodgers are going to “find a starter when you least expect it.” [Dodgers Digest]
- The Dodgers’ season opener against the Padres will be nationally televised. [True Blue LA]
- Eric Stephen reviewed AJ Ellis’ 2015 season. [True Blue LA]
- Stephen also recapped how the Dodgers’ prospects did in the Arizona Fall League. [True Blue LA]
- Dave Roberts would be an inspiring choice as the team’s next manager, writes Howard Cole. [Forbes]
- The Dodgers “have little room to complain” that Jake Arrieta won the Cy Young. [ESPN]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-black-kapler-roberts-finalists-manager/2015/11/18/”]Roberts, Kapler are the managerial finalists[/button]