It’s a slow news day today, but we did get some more info on Maeda’s contract and the issues that emerged about his elbow, plus some other things. Here are today’s headlines:
- Jimmy Rollins’ days as a shortstop are probably over, but he is receiving interest from prospective teams as a second baseman.
- Kenta Maeda has tons of incentives in his contract, and here are the details of them.
- Justin Turner had an interesting first impression of Maeda.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Here’s a preview of Scott Van Slyke’s arbitration case. [True Blue LA]
- David Hood wrote an in-depth profile of the Dodgers’ 10th-ranked prospect, Trayce Thompson. [True Blue LA]
- The Dodgers acknowledged that Maeda’s physical revealed unspecified “irregularities”, but the team is confident that he’ll “help us win a lot of games over a lot of years.” [ESPN]
- Here are five New Year’s Resolutions for the Dodgers for 2016. [Fox Sports]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-friedman-doesnt-close-door-on-fernandez-deal/2016/01/07/”]Friedman Doesn’t Close Door On Fernandez Deal[/button]