As Spring Training starts to get underway now, news is rolling out. Today, there were updates on Yaisel Sierra, Yasiel Puig, Julio Urias, and how the Los Angeles Dodgers feature a pretty left-handed starting rotation. Plus more! Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- It’s now official, the team has finalized a six-year agreement with Cuban pitcher Yaisel Sierra.
- The starting rotation is heavy on left-handed pitchers, but it should not worry you.
- Outfielder Yasiel Puig wants to turn back the clock to 2013 .. in many ways.
- Prospect Julio Urias is not shy about his future goals, and he carries himself in a rare way.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Manager Dave Roberts hosted a meeting to introduce himself to the players. [Los Angeles Times]
- Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt got a good look at the crop of pitchers on the first day. [Los Angeles Times]
- The team plans on developing Yaisel Sierra as a starting pitcher when he goes to the minors. [True Blue LA]
- Prospect Frankie Montas was moved to the 60-Day Disabled List today. [True Blue LA]
- Were you expecting Clayton Kershaw to be named the Opening Day starter? Wait a little longer. [ESPN]
- Dave Roberts is “in a good place” as rookie manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers. [Yahoo! Sports]
- Second baseman Micah Johnson cut his finger yesterday trying to remove an avocado pit. [CBS Sports]
- Dodgers are being cautious with Hyun-jin Ryu to start training camp. [MLB.com]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-rumors-questions-emerge-about-team-in-the-week-before-spring-training/2016/02/20/”]Questions Emerge About Team In the Week Before Spring Training[/button]