When it comes to the Los Angeles Dodgers, their actions always speak much louder than words. And this case is no exception.
On Tuesday, the club along with the Dodgers Foundation announced an online auction with proceeds going to programs and organizations on the front lines combatting COVID-19 and racial inequality. In a press release, the club said “funds
The auction features:
- A guest host experience on the Big Swing Podcast with Ross Stripling
- The opportunity to video conference with Andre Ethier and DodgerTalk co-host
David Vassegh on AM 570 LA Sports
- Exclusive Meet & Greet experiences with Clayton Kershaw, Gavin Lux, and Will Smith, including the opportunity to watch Dodger Batting Practice from a VIP location
- 13 Mookie Betts Autographed Victus Custom Model MB50 Pro reserve – Maple Baseball Bats available as Buy Now memorabilia
- Game-used cleats donated by Clayton Kershaw, Max Muncy, Walker Buehler, and Kenley Jansen from games to be played in the 2020 season
- Autographed jerseys from the 2020 Dodger roster, including?Mookie Betts, Cody Bellinger, Clayton Kershaw, Walker Buehler, Justin Turner, Kenley Jansen, David Price, Corey Seager, Max Muncy, Gavin Lux, Will Smith, and Alex Wood
Dodgers Foundation CEO Nichol Whiteman spoke on behalf of the LADF.
Because we recognize the deeply-rooted, systematic injustices that plague the communities we serve, we find it absolutely necessary to address a young person’s comprehensive needs including education, health, recreation, leadership development, and more.
The auction runs through June 14 at 5:00 pm PT. Fans can also support relief efforts by texting “Relief” to 41623 or visiting Dodgers.com/Relief to donate to the campaign.