It was a quiet week for the Dodgers in the news, but not so much Major League Baseball. There were plans discussed to move games to Arizona, as well as an idea of playing games in Japan. The league has, of course, been silent on the matter and released very little information thus far.
This week, we also revisited one of the worst trades in recent Dodgers’ history. We are of course referring to the infamous Yordan Alvarez trade that brought Josh Fields to Los Angeles. That trade resulted in the Astros getting a Rookie of the Year award winner in exchange for a guy that’s not even playing baseball lately.
We also got a look at some stadium renovations this week, which was an exciting change of pace. The stadium construction slowed down with the hit of the coronavirus, but that has not stopped crews from working entirely. In the new drone footage released, you can see that a lot of the pavilions look completed.
Speaking of the coronavirus, one Dodgers player appears to be using his time well during this hiatus. Kiké Hernandez took to Instagram to post his new quarantine ‘tattoos’ that he has been sporting. Check them out for yourself, we’ll let you be the judge.
Some Other News
- Joc Pederson even knows how bad he was as a defender at first base
- The Governor of California does not think that games will be played in California any time soon
- Los Angeles voted as the best uniform in the National League West.
- Scott Boras is hopeful that the league can get going in Arizona
- California health officials don’t expect fans to attend games any time soon
All of that and SO much more over at Dodgers Nation! Make sure to check back daily for the latest in baseball news.