The Dodgers have been observed and graded a lot as a whole. Obviously it’s a team sport and should be that way since when the team wins they all win and vice versa. As a team the Dodgers tied a franchise record with 106 wins on the season, though that just wasn’t enough to win the division for a 9th straight season. However, many of the Boys in Blue accomplished some great feats along the way and lead on MLB’s stats leaderboards.
Julio Urías became the first Nation League pitcher in 5 years to reach 20 wins, Max Scherzer and Walker Buehler both flirted with the ERA lead before just missing it, and Trea Turner was a hit machine throughout the season, especially upon arriving in Los Angeles. Even Kenley Jansen was able to place himself among the leaders. Just take a look at where they all finished out the 2021 season.
Notable Stat Leaders:
- Wins: Julio Urías (1st in MLB) with 20, Walker Buehler (T-3rd in MLB) with 16, and Max Scherzer (5th in MLB) with 15
- ERA: Max Scherzer (2nd in MLB) with a 2.46 ERA and Walker Buehler (3rd in MLB) with a 2.47 ERA
- Strikeouts: Max Scherzer (4th in MLB) with 236 strikeouts
- Quality Starts: Walker Buehler (1st in MLB) with 27 QS
- Saves: Kenley Jansen (T-2nd in MLB) with 38 Saves
- Batting Average: Trea Turner (1st in MLB) with a .328 average
- Hits: Trea Turner (1st in MLB) with 195 hits
- Stolen Bases: Trea Turner (3rd in MLB, 1st in NL) with 32 stolen bases
The regular season is now over, and while these feats are admirable, it’s time for them to accomplish even better ones. They have a long road ahead of them if they hope to defend their crown and repeat as World Series Champions. Yet if these stats say anything, it’s that the Dodgers have plenty of talent to get the job done no matter the odds.