The Dodgers’ spring training opener is exactly three weeks away. They and the 29 other organizations are putting the finishing touches on their 2017 rosters.
- The Padres are taking criticism for their Wil Myers extension, according to Buster Olney via MLBTradeRumors.com. Six years, $84 million was steep for Myers, but he’s considered one of San Diego’s building blocks.
- The Mets retained reliever Jerry Blevins, in addition to adding two others: Tom Gorzelanny and Fernando Salas.
Mets with a busy day, signing Tom Gorzelanny and re-signing Fernando Salas and Jerry Blevins to shore up bullpen.
— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) February 4, 2017
- Travis Wood is nearing a deal with a team, per Jon Heyman. Wood is considered a starter and reliever, so where he signs will indicate what role he takes on in 2017.
Multitalented Travis Wood getting closer to a deal. Next couple days. @jcrasnick was on it.
— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 4, 2017
- A mystery team is pursuing Sergio Romo, but the Dodgers are his most likely employer.
- The Dodger Dog was named a top 10 most iconic Los Angeles dish by Los Angeles Magazine.
- Spring training gear is now available at MLBShop.com.
- We looked at the development of Joc Pederson.
[button color=”red” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-world-baseball-classic-tickets-championship-are-available-jg0593/2017/02/04/”]World Baseball Classic tickets are available[/button]