The team’s spending on Cuban players is being called into question, plus, how does Julio Urias feel about the lofty expectations being placed on him? Read about that and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Dodgers prospect Micah Johnson was ranked in the top 10 among all second base prospects.
- Several of the organization’s announcers were recipients of honors at the 25th annual Southern California Sports Broadcaster Awards.
- The Dodgers’ investment in Cuban players continues to add up and, so far, it hasn’t paid off.
- Smokeless tobacco has been banned from Dodger Stadium.
- According to USA Today, the Dodgers have a top-ten rotation.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Here’s another article about the organization’s spending on Cuban players not paying off. [LA Times]
- The team has 16 non-roster invitees slated to be at Spring Training, but most of them aren’t particularly interesting. [Dodgers Digest]
- Ken Rosenthal wrote why the remaining big-name free agents are worth the risk of losing a draft pick. [Fox Sports]
- Julio Urias has high expectations this season, and he’s totally fine with that. [Fox Sports]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-more-bullpen-help-is-needed-but-who/2016/01/23/”]NEXT: More Bullpen Help Is Needed, But Who?[/button]