Dodgers Nation is part of sports publishing network based in Los Angeles. Our team has set the tone for covering teams in the Los Angeles area and would like to continue working with the next generation of sports producers. Our founder has created properties such as Lakers Nation and worked at Disney, SB Nation, FanSided, Time Inc and more, so you will get one of the best overall digital media internships in the industry.
There are few opportunities to write about the LA Sports with such a sizable platform as you’ll find at Dodgers Nation while getting the training to be ready for the next evolution in sports coverage. You will also have the opportunity to write on our sister sites of our network:
- DodgersNation.com | Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball
- BunkersParadise.com | Professional Golf
- Kicksologists.com | Basketball & Sneaker Culture
We have worked with a number of local colleges such as USC, UCLA, LMU, CSULA and CSULB to offer class credit for being a part of our team. Please check with your counselors to see if you qualify.
We pay writers, so you don’t have to worry about that.
Our contributors program has had a great history of alumni getting jobs at local media companies such as:
- Fox Sports
- Time Warner Cable
- NFL Network
- Bleacher Report
Who are we looking for?
We are searching for motivated individuals with great writing skills that have a knack for social media. Ideal candidates will not only be passionate about LA Sports, but about engaging the digital community on Twitter, Instgram, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook, and other emerging social media platforms.
Internship Qualification Standards
- Detail Oriented
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Passion for sports and the sports industry
- Thorough knowledge of Los Angeles Sports
- Social Media experience
- Ability to adapt to the fast-paced work culture of the editorial team
- Ability to follow instructions
- Blogging experience
- Video/Multi-media production experience
- Social Media community management experience
Please email the following to contribute [at] DodgersNation.com. with the following:
- Subject line: Department you would like to apply for
- Cover Letter – Tell us why you’re applying and what separates you from other candidates
- Resume – any leadership/organization/group activities and accomplishments apply
- References (if any)
PUBLISHING: NEWS DESK
- Research topical content for target audience
- Learn basic digital publishing skills in SEO, UX and social media
- Monitor Social Media
- Develop Content Ideas with the team.
Please email an link to a reel along with resume/cover letter to contribute [at] DodgersNation.com with the following:
- Subject Line: [Position Applying for], First & Last Name
- Cover Letter (can be the email copy or attached document)
- Who you are?
- Why do you want to work here?
- How did you hear about this internship?
- Any skills that might help with this job?
- What team/sport would you like to/can cover?
- Portfolio: Writers can provide writing samples. Video Team applicants must provide reel of on-air or editing experience.
- Resume (attached to email)
- References (attached to email)
Applicants who do not provide information requested above will automatically be disqualified and not be responded to.