Up until the week, the Dodgers had a quiet offseason and some were quick to anoint it as a failure. Well, patience pays off as the team made some significant additions this week. Here is some more info about those acquisitions and more:
- Farhan Zaidi believes that as many as four of the organization’s top prospects may play in the majors this season.
- More details of Kenta Maeda’s contract have been revealed. There will be a lot of incentives.
- The team is likely to stay put with the options they have at second base. For now.
- Scott Kazmir’s new teammates welcomed him to the team in a pretty clever way.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Here’s what you can expect from Kazmir in 2016. [True Blue LA]
- Aroldis Chapman may have been traded elsewhere, but the Dodgers may still benefit from the deal. [Dodgers Digest]
- While the Dodgers plan to stick with their current second base situation, perhaps they should think about re-signing Howie Kendrick. [LA Times]
- The Dodgers hope that their rotation depth will give them an edge in the NL West. [Yahoo!]
- What type of pitcher is Maeda? Well here’s a brief scouting report. [Fox Sports]