The big news of yesterday was Andrelton Simmons being traded to the Angels. The Dodgers were reportedly interested, but don’t worry, the team is involved in plenty of other rumors. Also, the team is moving closer to hiring a manager, and Brett Anderson will be coming back for another season. That and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Zack Greinke and Howie Kendrick declined their qualifying offers and are now free agents, while Brett Anderson will sign his and return to the team for another season.
- Former Dodger Dee Gordon won another award. This time it was the Silver Slugger Award.
- Dee Gordon’s success elsewhere should encourage the Dodgers and their fans to be more patient with Yasiel Puig.
- It was first reported that the Dodgers were down to five finalists for the manger job — Dave Roberts, Bud Black, Darin Erstad, Gabe Kapler, and Kirk Gibson — but an updated report says Gibson is not a finalist. It’s somewhat surprising that Dave Martinez isn’t included.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Dustin Nosler says the team should focus on getting younger in certain areas. [Dodgers Digest]
- Eric Stephen reviews Ian Thomas’ 2015 season with the Dodgers. He was one of 13 Dodgers to average at least one strikeout per inning. [True Blue LA]
- He also discussed the Dodgers’ interest in free agent reliever Darren O’Day and why he’s so coveted. [True Blue LA]
- Steve Dilbeck wonders what the team is going to do at second base. Howie Kendrick, Chase Utley, and Daniel Murphy are free agents, while Kike Hernandez and Jose Peraza could prove to be “in-house” options. [L.A. Times]
- Chris Okrainetz wonders if the Blue Jays will enter the Zack Greinke sweepstakes. In the end, he says it does seem unlikely. [Tip of The Tower]
- Zachary D. Rymer says the Dodgers should try to sign both David Price and Zack Greinke. I’m sure if the team has the means to do that, they’ll certainly try. Could you imagine a rotation that includes Clayton Kershaw, Greinke, and Price? Wow. [Bleacher Report]