The Dodgers have added some pieces to their rotation this offseason, but we can’t forget about what Hyun-Jin Ryu brings to the table when he’s healthy. Well, it appears he’s getting healthier. Also, shortstop Ian Desmond is still a free agent. Does he fit with the Dodgers? Read about that and more in today’s Credits.
- Dodgers prospect Jose De Leon was named as the fifth best right-handed pitcher in the minors.
- Good news as Hyun-Jin Ryu had his third bullpen session of the offseason, while Brandon McCarthy and Brett Anderson looked on.
- The Dodgers have a few prospects that could contribute in this upcoming season.
- Ian Desmond is still a free agent, and one ESPN writer thinks the Dodgers would be a suitable destination. We think it seems unlikely.
- Walker Bueller, the organization’s 24th-round pick in the 2015 MLB Draft, held an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit, and there were some pretty great highlights.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The Dodgers have a pitcher-heavy 40-man roster, but it’s not a problem… yet. [Dodgers Digest]
- Here’s video of when Glenn Frey, the Eagles member that recently passed away, called a Dodgers game with Vin Scully. [LA Times]
- The Dodgers signed Joe Blanton yesterday to be a reliever, and he was very good in that role with the Pirates a year ago. [True Blue LA]
- The Dodgers have expressed interest in LH reliever Antonio Bastardo. [ESPN]