The Los Angeles Dodgers kicked off their Spring Training season by defeated the Chicago White Sox by the final score of 6-1. That wasn’t all that happened today, though. Besides that, Brett Anderson had surgery on his back, Baseball Prospectus released their Top 10 Dodgers Prospects, and more! It was a busy day as far as the team is concerned, but it’s time for today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Clayton Kershaw got the win as Los Angeles downed Chicago, 6-1, to open Spring Training.
- According to manager Dave Roberts, the team plans on shifting more in 2016.
- Left-hander Brett Anderson had back surgery that’ll keep him out three to five months.
- Baseball Prospectus released their list of the Top 10 Dodgers Prospects, and it was great.
- Los Angeles is one of three teams that is reportedly still in on Cuban prospect Lazarito Armenteros.
- Our own Jeremy Evans ponders what, exactly, can baseball expect from shortstop Corey Seager?
- Left-hander Julio Urias came in ranked #43 on Sports Illustrated’s MLB Trade Value list.
- Zack Greinke was one of baseball’s most overpaid free agents, and Los Angeles benefited.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- A new 2016 Profile is out and this one has to do with catcher Austin Barnes. [True Blue LA]
- Joc Pederson’s new swing, for better or worse, shifts more towards the simple side. [Dodgers Digest]
- The team discussed the direction they will go after Brett Anderson’s surgery. [Dodger Insider]