Super Bowl weekend took basically all the attention, as one would expect, but we’re now less than two weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting to Spring Training and we have decent idea of what the roster will look like for the 2016 campaign. Let’s take a look back at last week’s top stories, as well as look ahead to this one.
- Which positions and how would some of the Dodgers fare had they instead opted for football over baseball?
- Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but the Dodgers are interested in a highly-coveted Cuban prospect.
- He and Yasiel Puig caught a game together, which might be a really good sign.
- Get to know another prospect: Chase De Jong.
- Howie Kendrick sounds happy to be back in Los Angeles, despite the frustrations that come with baseball’s somewhat flawed free agency system.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Eric Stephen writes that the Dodgers’ bullpen will be a team effort, as per usual. [True Blue L.A.]
- He also says that, so far, the infield has bought into the timeshare that will be in play for much of this season. [True Blue L.A.]
- Greg Maddux and Raul Ibanez have been added to the front office. What might they do while they’re there? [L.A. Times]
- Dave Roberts’ strategy with Yasiel Puig is clear: a fresh start. [OC Register]
- Puig is ready for a “new life” in MLB, which would be a great thing for everyone involved. [ESPN]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”samewindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-grandals-health-front-office-additions-and-more-video/2016/02/03/”]NEXT: Grandal’s Health Update | Video[/button]