The Los Angeles Dodgers played their second spring training game of the year today, and they ended up tying with the Texas Rangers. Beyond that, there was news about who would start on Sunday to replace Brett Anderson, Corey Seager’s rank amongst those in baseball as far as his trade value is concerned, and a whole lot more. Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- If you missed any of today’s game action, you can check out the live game thread for the full story.
- Brett Anderson’s back surgery and injury now opens up a free space in the fifth spot in the rotation.
- Due to Anderson’s injury, it looks like right-hander Zach Lee is going to start Sunday’s game.
- Sports Illustrated ranked Corey Seager as the 8th best trade value player in the game today.
- Adrian Gonzalez wants to make a little wager with Buster Olney that the Dodgers do make the playoffs.
- Third baseman Justin Turner expects to be back out there early this coming week.
- Want to win an autographed Carl Crawford game-used bat? Well go ahead and find out how!
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Writer Steve Dilbeck is no longer going to cover the Dodgers, so he tipped his cap. [Los Angeles Times]
- J.P. Howell and hitting coach Turner Ward have buried the hatchet after 2013’s brawl. [Los Angeles Times]
- The excellent Mike Petriello wrote his farewell letter today, and it was fantastic. [Dodgers Digest]
- Dave Roberts wants the team to be aggressive on the basepaths now. [True Blue LA]
- The team’s gamble on pitchers is not paying off as well as they had hoped for now. [Orange County Register]
- MLB Pipeline broke down and discussed the top 30 prospects in the organization. [MLB.com]
- The new BACON leaderboard is out from the 2015 season, and it was delicious. [Beyond The Box Score]
- Want to see what Corey Haim and Alyssa Milano looked like in 1987 sporting Dodgers gear? [Instagram]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-rumors-team-wins-spring-opener-anderson-has-surgery-and-more/2016/03/03/”]Team Wins Spring Opener, Anderson Has Surgery And More[/button]