The Los Angeles Dodgers will be playing later on tonight, but today there was news abound as the team officially unveiled Vin Scully Avenue. Other news out there had to do with Yasiel Puig’s fantastic start to the 2016 season, the StatCast numbers from yesterday’s game, and more! Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Our own Anthony Irwin talked about why leaving Alex Wood in made sense.
- Despite the loss, there were highlights aplenty in the game, especially Joc Pederson’s home run.
- The StatCast numbers from yesterday’s loss are in, and the Giants dinked-and-dunked to a win.
- Vin Scully Avenue is now a reality, and it will be dedicated in a public ceremony on Monday.
- Right-hander Ross Stripling is preparing for his first career big league start after a long journey.
- Manager Dave Roberts himself explained the decision to leave Alex Wood in the game for the sixth.
- Right fielder Yasiel Puig has been fantastic to start 2016, and the numbers really show that.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Zach Lee tossed six shutout innings yesterday at Triple-A Oklahoma City. [True Blue LA]
- Shortstop Corey Seager isn’t the only notable rookie in the National League. [Dodgers Digest]
- The season’s first challenge of the neighborhood play went Los Angeles’ way. [Los Angeles Times]
- With his wait nearly over, Ross Stripling is ready to strike. [ESPN]
- Ken Burns is telling the Jackie Robinson story in a “complicated way.” [ESPN]
- Ross Stripling’s MLB debut is a testament to persistence. [Today’s Knuckleball]
[button color=”red” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-rumors-kendrick-return-maeda-stellar-debut-and-more/2016/04/07/”]Dodgers News | Rumors: Kendrick’s Return, Maeda’s Stellar Debut, And More[/button]