We are 15 days away from the Dodgers’ Opening Day contest against the Padres in San Diego, and Los Angeles’ roster continues to be trimmed down. The pitching rotation is set and the lineup is starting to take shape. Read about that and more in today’s “best stories of the week” version of Dodgers Credits:
- Zach Lee was sent down to minor league camp, meaning that the Dodgers’ rotation is now finalized.
- Could the Dodgers target Stephen Strasburg next winter? It would make sense to.
- Scouts have raved about Yadier Alvarez, a a 19-year-old right-hander in the Dodgers’ farm system. Find out why.
- Our J.D. Miller compared Joc Pederson and Trayce Thompson. Which one should get the bulk of the playing time?
- The Dodgers don’t have a natural leadoff hitter on the roster, but Andre Ethier could be a solid option.
- Austin Barnes is making a case to be on the Opening Day roster.
- Hyun-Jin Ryu’s targeted May return seems “unrealistic.”
- Andre Ethier was carted off the field on Friday, but thankfully it turned out to be a minor injury.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Brandon Beachy hasn’t been effective in Spring Training, but is still an intriguing rotation option for the Dodgers. [True Blue LA]
- Cody Bellinger’s impressive spring is encouraging for his and the team’s future. [Dodgers Digest]
- Mike Bolsinger, who was just named as the team’s fifth starter, was scratched from his latest start due to abdominal tightness, potentially turning the Dodgers’ rotation into a temporary mess. [True Blue LA]
- The Dodgers are the “deepest team in baseball”. [Today’s Knuckleball]
- Trayce Thompson is trying to make the most out of his opportunity with the Dodgers. [ESPN]
- Apparently people really don’t like Dodger fans. [FOX Sports]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-wood-not-concerned-injury/2016/03/18/”]NEXT: Alex Wood Not Concerned About His Injury[/button]