The winter meetings have been… weird… for the Dodgers, to say the least. They acquired then didn’t acquire Aroldis Chapman and other than signing Hisashi Iwakuma, they haven’t really made much noise. But that doesn’t mean moves won’t be made soon. Here’s the latest:
- The Dodgers are reportedly the favorite to land Jose Fernandez, though a deal does seem unlikely.
- The team had agreed to a deal with the Reds for Aroldis Chapman, but a domestic violence accusation has made the situation murky, and now it’s not certain if a deal will go through. Here are the full details.
- Clayton Kershaw is disappointed by Zack Greinke’s departure, but understands why Greinke left.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Dave Roberts met with Clayton Kershaw and reflected on the meeting. [LA Times]
- The team claimed OF Daniel Fields off waivers from the Brewers. [True Blue LA]
- Eric Stephen reviews Scott Van Slyke’s 2015 season. [True Blue LA]
- As far as a Jose Fernandez trade goes, the Marlins would need an “absurd haul” to move the young ace. [Fox Sports]
- The Dodgers are no longer a suitor for Ben Zobrist. [MLB Daily Dish]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-howie-kendrick-unlikely-to-return/2015/12/07/”]Howie Kendrick Unlikely To Return To Los Angeles[/button]