A major rule change could be coming to baseball soon, plus, could the Dodgers swap infielders with a division rival? It does make sense. Read about that and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- Might the Dodgers and Diamondbacks swap second basemen? It does make sense for both teams.
- Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig threw ceremonial first pitchers and took batting practice before the Mexican Liga Del Pacifico final. Anything to improve the team’s chemistry helps!
- The DH might be makings its way to the National League very soon.
- Today was “National Hug Day”, and the Dodgers were participants of it through social media.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Recently-signed Joe Blanton is the same as he always was… except for the devastating slider he added to his repertoire. [Dodgers Digest]
- The Dodgers have to be thankful that J.P. Howell exercised his player option. The free agent reliever market has competitive and expensive. [True Blue LA]
- Even though Aroldis Chapman isn’t facing any charges, the Dodgers still made the right move to pass on him. [LA Times]
- Regardless, Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner defended his team’s acquisition of Chapman. [Fox Sports]
- Could Joe Blanton end up being a ‘hidden gem’? [Baseball Essential]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-ian-desmond-makes-sense-per-espn/2016/01/20/”]Signing Ian Desmond Makes Sense For Dodgers, Per ESPN[/button]